Nursing homes and assisted living facilities aren’t the only destinations for people as they age. Studies have shown that most elders want to stay at home where they are most comfortable. Visiting Angels NJ Senior Care is committed to helping older adults remain at home.
Easy, affordable things seniors can do to age-in-place:
- Look into community services such as Meals on Wheels. For a low or no-cost, meals can be delivered each day (check our list of local NJ Senior Care Resources in Burlington and Mercer Counties, NJ)
- Modify your home by:
- Removing throw rugs to prevent falls
- Increase lighting in the home, as visibility decreases with age
- Replace glass doors on the shower or tub with a shower curtain
- Install assist-rails on the toilet
To read a recent article about this subject, visit The Shreveport Times at http://bit.ly/w5m8Vm.