Scientists studying why some seniors over 80 have brains as sharp as those 20-30 years younger…

August 26th, 2013 No Comments

In Elder News: Super Agers

You may know one yourself–a “super ager”–a person over 80 with a mind as sharp as a 50-year-old. But these people are rare–only about 10% of those over 80 have the memory of people 20-30 years younger. Scientists are looking into why this happens, and how can it help the other 90%. Research has shown that the brain’s cortex is thicker in the super agers. The cortex handles attention, memory and thinking skills.

To read more, visit CBSNews.com http://cbsn.ws/1c9n0BT.


<< Back to Blog

Tags: , ,

Comments are closed.