Spring has sprung at Visiting Angels in New Jersey! We’re loving these warmer temperatures and sunny days. Days like these are meant to be spent outside with your older neighbors, friends, and relatives.
Spring Activities for Seniors
- Walking: Take an older person for a walk outside. While you walk, listen to their stories about what spring was like as they were growing up.
- Gardening: Simple gardening tasks bring seniors a sense of accomplishment. Whether you’re planting a vegetable garden, or just flowers, get their opinions. If they’re not physically able to help, bring them out to the garden to “supervise” your efforts!
- Feeding Birds: Watching birds is relaxing and enjoyable…place food into a feeder and watch the birds flock.
- Arranging Flowers: After flowers are cut from the garden (or purchased from a store), have the senior express their creativity by arranging them in a vase.
- Browsing Local Nurseries: Spring is a great time of year to explore your local nursery.
- Visiting a Park: Taking walks in a nearby park helps get your loved one out and about for awhile. A great place to “people watch” and reminisce.