Have you used all your Flexible Spending Account dollars yet? Use them for home care for parents…

November 27th, 2012 1 Comment

Your Flexible Spending Account funds for 2012 expire the end of the year. If you haven’t spent down the account, have you thought of using the remaining funds to provide non-medical in-home care for your older parents this holiday season?

Don’t lose the money you’ve put into your Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs). Each year, many people forfeit unused funds that could instead provide much needed help to your older parents.

Visiting Angels NJ encourages you check if you can use these funds to provide home care for your parents. Most FSAs do allow people to use the funds for caregiving expenses. This also includes doctor co-payments, canes, walkers, and other medical equipment. Check with your employers’ Human Resource department or plan administrator for specifics on allocating funds to provide home care.

We can all use an extra helping hand around the holidays! Give us a call at 609-883-8188 if you’d like to discuss non-medical home care for your parents or older loved ones.


<< Back to Blog

Tags: , ,

One Response

  1. What Are Care Home Regulations…

    Term life insurance is tailored to cover the policy holder for a specific period of time. In the normal term insurance when the fixed years of being insured ends, the policy cover expires. This means that you have to apply afresh to buy another policy …